Old Village Pariangan

During my primary and secondary school, I learned about the history of Minangkabau and Pariangan as the oldest village of Minangkabau people. I ever want to go there but never been there before I knew that this place is already reviewed by Budget Traveler in 2012 as one of the world's most beautiful village in the world. Pariangan geographically is located in Tanah Datar Regency, West Sumatera. It is not far from Bukittinggi, Singkarak lake, Padang Panjang or Batu Sangkar.

Here is my snap:
The view !

I think it is beautiful because this area is well-preserved, onsen (I like this word for substituting hot spring :D) and many rumah gadang (traditional Minangkabau house) are still remained. I can find and pray in an old surau or masjid from 19th century named Masjid Ishlah. As for cleaning before pray-wudhu- people here use their hot spring. Hot spring is not only for washing before pray but also for taking a bath :D. What a good life they have. Although local people build new modern house, the traditional one is still there.
Old people after Dzuhur pray time in Masjid

Unfortunately, as many area in West Sumatera, this village is full with old people since the young one go to other cities for studying or working. This village needs more hands and willingness to keep it clean and beauty. Hope some of them can back for good ^^. If it is not us then who?












More information

Comments

Popular Posts