Backpacker to Seoul #2 : Staying in Guesthouse



Related to : Backpacker to Seoul #1

There will be enough money for backpacker to stay in 5-star hotel, right. Thus, the way of backpacker that I thought is staying in hostel, guesthouse or youth hotel. Here some several steps how to stay in youth hotel or hostel:

1. Booking before coming
Most of the hostel have their own website. Just check and choose what type of room and location that you need.
It is cheaper to go in group (more than 2 people) so you can share the room with people that you already knew.
I'd like to choose the room without sharing the toilet or bathroom with other rooms.
This is where I stayed during my backpacker period in Seoul Namsan Guesthouse.
other such as Kimchee Guesthouse.
The guesthouses have several branches in different places. So, we can choose that closer to the places that we want to visit. I chose in Myeongdong since it is close to station ^^


2. Check the facilities
-Free Wifi!
All smartphone and us need most. Contact to family or upload photo or checking the weather and location for next trip. Make sure the guesthouse has the free connection.
-Kitchen and free breakfast
Mostly they have kitchen that can be used to make breakfast while the bread and cup noodle are free.
Having breakfast before the trip really really important and save your money too. Kitchen means free hot water. I brought my own noodle from Japan (that I am sure it is halal), potato flakes and omusubi (nori, sesame and salt using for making onigiri) even ready-to-cook-rice which is only need to put in microwave for 3 min. If you come from Indonesia directly (I did not go directly from Jakarta) you can bring popmi, migelas, energen and saos sambal for sure. It is kind of camping old cap!
-Washing machine
Unfortunately, I could not use the washing machine because guest can use during night only since I always back around 11pm back to the guesthouse.
-Some guesthouse gives you recommendation for trip in their website before you arrive in Seoul. Please check it also

3. Having your own blog might be a discount
For the guesthouse ad shake, they will give you discount if you post about your staying in your own blog. It is nice, isn't?

before I went to Seoul, I also check my senior blog (in Bahasa)

Comments

Popular Posts